September 12, 2011

Hospital Bag Packed! ....almost

Call me an over-thinker, paranoid packer and anal planner....I admit I am all of those things  My hospital bag is now mostly packed. I still have a few last minute "grabs" and Eric's left to do. I feel a little less stressed knowing that it's pretty much packed though. Hey, you never know when Mr. Austin will want to make his appearance, I'd rather be ready too soon than not at all. Not to mention, I DO NOT want to miss my epidural window running around the house like a loony person getting stuff ready. That would not be pretty folks.



Here's what I packed, and what I still need to finish packing (in purple). I realize I probably have more than what I need (good luck getting me to leave it at home), but if there's anything missing...please let me know :) haha

Hospital Packing List:

For Austin:* 1 onesies- newborn, long sleeve
* 1 sleep sack pajama thingy- newborn size
* 1 surprise going home or photo outfit....I can't wait for all to see, it's adorable!!
* 1 going home outfit- 0-3 month size
* 2 pairs of socks
* 2 hats
* 1 bib
* 1 pair of mittens so he doesn't scratch himself
* 1 receiving blankets
* Boppy pillow
* baseball for his footprint
Austin's Diaper Bag:
* 1 blanket
* diapers- newborn and size 1
* pacifier
* wipes
* baby butt cream
* Shout to go wipes- thanks Aunt Cindy!

For mommy:
* disposable nursing pads
* panties- something about wearing hospital underwear just doesn't quite do it for me
* silly socks- the long and goofy kind
* nursing nightgown and robe- courtesy of Momma Edwards (I was having a tough time finding some)
* slippers

Mommy still needs:
* 2 nursing bras (different styles)
* 2 nursing tank tops- maybe?
* comfy maternity going home dress- yes maternity. I don't want to have an emotional, "I'm still fat and can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes" breakdown at the hospital. I haven't packed this yet because I only have a few clothes that fit right now.


Toiletries- travel size (for Eric & I):
* shampoo/conditioner
* disposable razors
* deodorant
* body lotion
* toothpaste and toothbrushes
* soap
Toiletries still need:
* hairbrush
* dryer or flatiron
* makeup- just a few essentials...mascara, blush, chapstick. Call me vain but I want to look beautiful for the 1st pictures of our new family
* my pillow


For Daddy:
* 2 tshirts
* a pair of shorts
* 2 pairs of undies
* sleep mask

* pillow, or else he will steal my orange pillow!!
Odds n Ends still need:
* cell phone charger
* lots of quarters and singles (for vending machines)
* camera and charger
* granola bars and other snacks and gum
* Ipad/ Lap top to keep in touch and upload pics (I know ya'll are not surprised by this at all)
* notebook & pen with my call list, birth plan and ID and insurance info
* still trying to find away to sneak Miss Koda Bear into hospital ;)


Poor Koda was absolutely exhausted after all that packing! HAHA jk, the first pic is her own little spot in Austin's room. Tata and Papi bought Austin a pillow pet but Koda has temporarily taken him over. The 2nd pic is poor little Koda after playing with Tata's dogs all day.



Eric washed and detailed his truck Saturday so he could install Austin's car seat. We need to rotate it for the infant positioner and then take it to the fire station to be inspected. Hopefully we'll get mine in there soon. I'm excited to see how it's going to look/feel having his car seat all ready to go for him. I also have Eric's diaper bag all packed as well. I figured it'd be easier for us to each have one since we'll need to work out a schedule for picking Austin up from Tata's house. YAY!!! ALMOST THERE!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment