Saturday was my 2nd baby shower. My mom and Aunt Cindy threw it. It was at lunchtime at the Olive Garden right by our place. Nice and convenient. It was really a nice time. Mom made little baby clothes menus, boo boo bunnies, an awesome diaper cake with a million goodies and the coolest little diaper jeep truck. I wish I had the same creativity as she did. Momma Edwards and Aunt Cindy did a lot of the decorating and flowers and they were of course gorgeous as ever. I never got flowers until the Edwards' popped in my life, I gotta say, I think I may be spoiled now. I'm still sad when they die, but they're so pretty. The 3 of these ladies when they get together and throw one heck of a party. They're all so creative and the 3 together is just nuts. I was a littler nervous having to open all the gifts in front of everyone but it was fine. But boy was there a lot of gifts! I am so so grateful for all of the help and support people have been giving us. We have pretty much everything we need besides Austin himself. Everything is all put away in his room now and just waiting for him to arrive. When we got home from the shower I had another gift waiting for me, my Grammy bought us a beautiful rocking chair. I wish I would've got a picture of it, but at the time I was too excited and wanted to sit in it right away. The past few nights I've sat in his room rocking and just looking around. Koda has her own little spot now too. Tata and Papi bought Austin a puppy pillow pet, but Koda has fallen in love and will sleep in there on it while I'm rocking away.
August 31, 2011
Our Cutie With a Booty
...I'm not really sure if Austin has a cute booty yet, but I'm sure he must! Monday was another doctor/ultrasound appointment. This kid has quite the little personality already. I was rubbing my belly and giving him a little massage right before the tech started- she put the wand on my belly and right off we got a smile from him. It made my eyes tear up. He was all happy and just kinda chilling out, making these cute little yawn faces and puckering his lips. Well, the umbilical cord happened to be in his face this time so the lady, Doty, started pushing him and shaking him. Let me tell you, little Austin started frowning and moving really low so she couldn't get to him and putting his hands and feet in front of his face. He does not like her, lol. I guess he remembered her from the last time she shook him all over. It was pretty funny. I wish she would've caught a picture of the face he was making at her. Right now she is guesstimating that he is about 5 lbs 3 oz, give or take a pound. Please don't let it be GIVE a pound!! He still has 8 weeks left!!! He also said is head was HUGE. She was just full of good news lol. The baby should be gaining about 1/2- 1 lb per week from this point on. WHOA. Me personally, I think he's going to come October 13. I'm sure I'm wrong (since I thought he was a girl at first) but that'd be cool. After my birthday (9/24) I'm going to begin really walking and moving to get him down. I just don't see how this baby is going to come out if he is late. 9/24 he'll be considered full term so it'll be safe for him to come any time after that. There are 2 full moons coming up- 9/12 and 10/12, so who knows, maybe my guess is possible. We shall see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment